Once activated, SSO is available to the Account Administrator only.
SSO Account Configuration
As the Account Administrator, additional steps must be taken to configure SSO for your account.
First, head over to Single sign-on in Account Settings.
Then, enter the SAML configuration in JSON format into the text box.
- entryPoint: Identity provider entry point
- issuer: Issuer string to supply to "identity provider" (unique string from identity provider)
- cert: public signing certificate to validate the signatures of the incoming SAML Responses.
The string is a single line private key without start and end lines with all rows joined into a single line.
The JSON has to look like this
Click Save to finish the configuration!
NoteConfigure the callback URL on your SOO backend to:-> https://app.singular.live/users/login/saml/callback
Adding SSO Users
To add SSO users, complete the following steps:
- Open the User Administration panel and select "Add SSO User".
- Enter the user's Email address, first name, and last name and click "Add User".
- Singular will send an email including a validation link to the user. The user has to confirm the link to activate the Singular login.
Singular accounts allow combining standard Singular users and SSO users. To transition an existing Singular user to an SSO user, delete the current user and add it as an SSO user.
We recommend keeping at least one Singular user with "Administrator Permissions" to access your account in case of issues with the SSO configuration or the authentication provider.
Login Using SSO
The Singular login dialog provides two options to log in to Singular. Single sign-on users select the "Login with Single sign-on" option.
Enter the user email address in the Single sign-on dedicated login page. The email address is then forwarded to the authentication provider page, where users enter their passwords.